Thu 17th December


Only two days to go before the big day.  No not Christmas day,  two days to the Stoke game.  

I’ve glued the last six doors on my advent calendar shut and coloured them in because in all honesty the 25th is pretty meaningless compared to the 19th.

Presents will be opened on the morning of the 19th and the Queen’s speech is being brought forward to five to three so it doesn’t interfere with the big kick off.

With Fulham hopefully not winning at Preston North End we’ll go top f we can collect all three points. The last time we headed all twenty three other teams was in 1987 I’m told. I can’t remember it to be honest but I don’t think it will have felt as good as this might.

The pessimist in me worries that I'm getting too optimistic, that we will probably lose on Saturday and it will all be a massive anti climax but hey who cares.  We’re on the ride now and all those in the queue behind will have imagine what it’s like and wait until we’ve finished.