Sun 2nd May

Walsall was properly rocking last night.

Whether it be the players bar, the Saddlers Club or the hostelries of the Town Centre the liquid was brown, cool, fizzy and going down faster than the Wolves in the 80’s.

I left the party at 11pm exhausted by the events of the day and the strange effect of a diet entirely based on golden liquid and bar snacks.

It hasn’t really sunk in yet and it may take some time to do so.

I didn’t decide to write this diary on the basis that we would achieve something and I wanted to commemorate it or anything. I wrote it because I wanted to detail the thoughts and feelings of an average fan over the full nine months(obviously I didn’t expect the play off’s either).

The fact that we have done what we have makes this more special. I can’t recollect when I first realised that promotion was on but I’m sure I noted it here somewhere. I’ll have a look one day. One thing is for sure though - I’m bloody glad I did write this.